A major advantage of making cat treats at home would be you are aware of all the ingredients that go into these special delicacies. Every cat would have unique likes and preferences when it comes to what they desire to eat. So, to choose a recipe that you think your cat would enjoy most, here are three easy homemade mouth-watering cat treats you can make for your furry feline friend.
1. Crunchy catnip tuna cookies
For this recipe, you will need
- One egg
- One can of tuna in water, drained.
- ½ cup of rolled or powdered oats
- One tablespoon of dried catnip
To make this delicious cat treat, you must
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Combine all four ingredients well in a bowl and make it a smooth, wet dough.
- Scoop the dough with a teaspoon, make little cookie balls and place them neatly on the cookie tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies are crisp and browned. Every 3-4 minutes, turn the cookies around to ensure it bakes evenly on all sides.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool down completely.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
You will witness your cat go crazy for these crunchy catnip tuna cookie treats. Enjoy the drama!
2. Chewy turkey pumpkin sweet potato rolls
The ingredients you would require for these cat treats are
- Two cups of ground turkey (white or breast meat)
- ¼ cup of mashed pumpkin.
- ¼ cup of mashed sweet potatoes
- One cup of cranberry sauce
These flavorful treats for cats are made in the following manner:
- In a bowl, toss in the ground turkey, mashed pumpkin, and mashed sweet potato and mix well into a smooth paste.
- Roll the paste cylindrically like mini sausages, allow them to soak in the cranberry sauce, and refrigerate this for two hours.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper ready.
- After two hours of marinating in the refrigerator, place the sausage-like rolls neatly in the oven rack. Remember to place the cookie sheet beneath these so drips are easier to clean up.
- Allow the rolls to dry in the oven for 4 hours. Leave the oven door slightly open to let the moisture out.
- Once these are dried to your desired consistency and texture, allow them to cool completely.
- Store this cat treat in a clean airtight container.
Packed with protein, this chewy turkey pumpkin sweet potato rolls are undoubtedly appetizing for your cat!
3. Fresh and healthy rice balls
To make these treats for cats, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- One can of salmon
- One cup of cooked rice
- ¼ cup o chopped parsley
- One cup of grated cheddar cheese.
These delectable cat treats are made through the following procedure:
- Heat a pan and add the butter.
- Once it melts, add the canned salmon, rice, and parsley, and mix well.
- Switch off the stove and allow the mixture to cool down a bit.
- Twirl it into tiny balls, roll them in grated cheese and see your cat fall madly in love with you for this treat.
Your cat will certainly enjoy these treats and live a healthy life.