One of the crucial aspects of a great look is doing your eyebrows properly. However, if you are a beginner, it might get a little clumsy; but don’t worry, in the following, some essential steps to apply the perfect eyebrow makeup have been listed.
Anatomically speaking, it is said that the head of the eyebrow should meet the outer edge of the nostril while the tail portion of the eyebrow should line diagonally with the (side) nostril. Hence, you can use a pencil or tweezer to identify the head and tail of your eyebrows. Identifying these lines can help set the boundary, like a canvas where you can proceed with your art.
The next step would be to identify the perfect brow for your face shape. Read on to know more:
1. Square shape
The goal is to soften the face. This face type should have a rounded brow with soft edges. It is best to avoid sharpness in the lines because the face shape is already geometrical and this would make it overly assertive.
2. Round shape
Since the face shape is round, the goal is to define the bone structure, and the best solution for this would be to have a higher arch on the brow.
3. Long shape
A face which is vertical needs something horizontal to balance it out. You can extend the tail of the eyebrows past the corner of the eye.
4. Heart-shaped face
The goal is to balance the smaller chin and jawline. Hence, keeping the eyebrows groomed is the only solution.
5. Oval-shaped face
The goal would be to bring a balanced proportion to the face by making the eyebrow slightly thicker and slightly arched.
The next big step for a beginner would be to invest in a good eyebrow essential kit. This will include:
- Brow gel
- Brow brush
- Powder or pomade
Powder or pomade is the perfect tool if you want to create extra eyebrow hair. Of course, it is always easy to start with a powder. A lot of people also use hair gel on the eyebrow after doing the entire eyebrow makeup. This helps the makeup to stay on for a long duration.
Here are some basic steps when doing eyebrow makeup:
- Pluck excess eyebrows, if any.
- Trim the eyebrows, if needed.
- Apply the pencil (mildly) on the lower portion of the brows first before heading to the upper side. This is where you can establish the boundaries.
- Now fill the outer (tail end) with the eyebrow makeup and slowly move inwards.
- Blend the colors using the spoolie and ensure to brush the hair up and away from the nose in order to get a uniform color.
- Apply wax, if necessary.
- Apply concealer to the top and bottom portion of the eyebrow to even out the makeup and fix any errors done during the course. However, this step is not a must.